Success habit No. 1: Establish good relationships. "It's not just showing up with hat in hand thinking about what you can get from those relationships... It's about what you can give." — Simon T. Bailey
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Sunday, January 27, 2019
In this QuickBooks Online tutorial you'll learn how to record a customer invoice along with:
- Understand what information I should record on an invoice
- Send an invoice and see what my customer will receive and view
- See where and how invoices impact reports
Thursday, January 24, 2019
A business owner has a multitude of duties in running their company. If it is a small business, chances are that the owner is doing a bit of just about everything including hiring, firing, tending to customers, stocking inventory and handling the financial books.
A larger company may have someone on staff that tends to the ledgers but employee turnover can lead to constant headaches and retraining. If this important chore is turned over to a service which specializes in just this, it can certainly streamline the workings of a company.
Things to look for when you're thinking of outsourcing your accounting include:
- Reputation: How long has this bookkeeping service been in business? How many clients do they serve and for how long? Can they give references? Getting a word of mouth referral from another business that is similar to yours is quite helpful.
- Experience: Do they have experience working with companies such as yours? Small or large, dry cleaners or telecoms, each type of business requires specific knowledge.
- Credentials of their staff: Who exactly will be working on this highly sensitive part of your company? What is their training? Has their background been checked out to assure their trustworthiness? Is a certified accountant overseeing the work?
- Cost and services included: There is a smorgasbord of services that may be offered, including payroll, state, and federal tax preparation and payments, property taxes. What, specifically, is offered in each accounting package? How much can be accomplished online?
- Are they familiar with the tax laws in your state? Each state has a different set of tax laws. Make sure that the company you select is familiar with the rules and regulations in your particular state.
- Will they represent you in case of an audit? In case of a tax auditing of your business, will they prepare the paperwork and documents that you will need? Are they knowledgeable enough to back you up if necessary?
- Turnaround time: How long will it take to get paychecks to your employees or your company's taxes properly filed?
- User-Friendly: Are they available when you have questions? Do they have adequate staff to help you when you need them? Are they able to explain their practices and procedures in a satisfactory manner? Do they seem like an easy fit and a company you'll feel comfortable doing business with? Along with everything else, compatibility is an important component of a successful business relationship.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Andrew_Stratton/83489
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2835814
Monday, January 21, 2019
Friday, January 18, 2019
Everybody wants to enjoy a certain level of wealth and success in life. But so few of us actually manage to create the life of ease and abundance that we long for. One big reason for this we don’t cultivate a healthy relationship with money.
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Running a small business means staying focused on your finances. Without proper management of receivables, marketing expenses, and even debts, you could end up sinking the small business before it even starts to grow. Luckily, there is always something you can do to ensure that such risks are prevented. You can create and implement simple bookkeeping strategies to save your business and help it grow to its full potential.
1. Weigh your options
Is it better to get a bookkeeper or can you handle accounting by yourself? This is the question you should start by asking yourself before anything else. Cutting costs are definitely what you are prioritizing as a small business, but helps to handle what you can and leave experts to do what they do best. You can hire accountancy services to help you get your finances in order without spending too much on the services. There are numerous accountancy firms today and most offer all sorts of accounting services at affordable rates so you can easily get what you need as a small business.
2. Separate accounts receivables from borrowed funds
Financial backing or loans are beneficial to small business to aid marketing campaigns and even capital among other things, that the business needs in the initial stages. Get organized and keep the loans separate so they do not appear in your receivables because then you can easily get confused as to what is yours and what you need to pay back. There are very good easy to use software you can use for this task to keep everything organized and clear to you.
3. Keep an eye on your balances
Large amounts on your receivable column can be a good thing indicating that your business is doing well, but it is a different case when the money does not end up reflecting in your business account. Clients can be tricky and can avoid payments and when this happens regularly then your business remains at risk. Put in strict policies or terms so that you are able to receive due payments at the right time. You might be desperate to get clients, but you can't do it at the expense of your growing business; if you must refuse to give more services or materials until pending payments are made.
4. Keep track of your daily expenses
Everyday expenses records are very important for all kinds of business, but more so the small businesses. Keeping track of your daily expenses does not only help in clearly knowing where your money is but also puts you in a better position to budget for the weeks ahead.
5. Know your minimum monthly profit
Even the smallest businesses require running strategies and when you have an accurate system in place, then you will manage to keep things in order. Calculate your expenses and regular obligations so you know the minimum income needed every month. Have a target in terms of how much you should earn every month, so the numbers don't get too confusing.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Jovia_D'Souza/2007086
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9319403
Saturday, January 12, 2019
Danny DeVito teaches you how to auto-track miles and save over $4,600 at tax time with QuickBooks. It involves turning on your phone and doing nothing.
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Sunday, January 6, 2019
Partner with a POS system that will grow with you. Track and manage your inventory and manage customers using QuickBooks POS.
Thursday, January 3, 2019
QuickBooks Desktop Essentials
Thursday, January 17, 2019
From 9am to 1pm
@ BWFA Offices
5950 Symphony Woods Road
Columbia MD 21044
Course: $249 includes lunch and course materials